A fire at an East Redding home Tuesday morning was caused by a faulty electrical outlet. Redding Fire Department was dispatched at 8:30AM to 2355 Alden Avenue. They found the 1500 square foot house heavily involved in fire and started an aggressive attack. There are three residents of the home. Two of them were away on vacation so their grown son was the only occupant. He made it out, but was suffering from smoke inhalation, according to Redding Fire Battalion Chief Eric McMurtrey. The resident and a Redding firefighter both were transported to a hospital, and both are expected to make a full recovery. Firefighters had to halt the firefight for a while when the electric meter burned up, causing the lines to re-energize. The blaze started in a storage room near the rear of the home and spread into the attic, causing the roof to collapse and resulting in a nearly total loss. Damage is estimated at $200,000 for the house and $100,000 for the contents.