Jones Valley water is not safe to drink without boiling it first. The Jones Valley Treatment Plant is not producing water that meets drinking standards. While no toxins or contamination has been detected, the turbidity, or cloudiness, of the water can interfere with disinfection and provide a medium for microbial growth. The reason is that PG&E cut power to the treatment plant because of the Mountain Fire at mid-day Thursday and generators were not brought online until the evening. More chlorine has been added to the water as a safety precaution, but for now residents served by the Jones Valley District are advised to boil any water used for drinking, cooking, brushing teeth, etc.