There is no custom code to display.

There is no custom code to display.

Fire Damages “The Makery” In Downtown Redding

A candle was blamed for a fire at a Downtown Redding home decor shop. At 11:40PM Thursday night a structure fire was reported at “The Makery”, a creative works business on Pine Street. Redding Firefighters found the business owner trying to extinguish burning wall hangings and decor, and they finished the job. Apparently, a candle had ignited some Pampus Grass and the flames then spread to some hanging drapery and the wall. There was no fire extinguisher in the shop, but the owner was able to remove the burning materials without getting burned. A wall and doorway sustained about $2,500 damage, and smoke damage to the merchandise is estimated at $15,000.