A fire inside a North Redding house Thursday morning was apparently caused by a careless smoker. Redding Fire Department was called at 8:30PM to a home on Woodhill Drive in the Peppertree Neighborhood off Hilltop. They found light smoke coming from house and followed it to a fire in the living room, which was quickly extinguished. Damage to the house is estimated at $3,000 and to contents about $1,000. The cause was determined to be an electrical malfunction of a charging vape pen that was left on a couch.